Ferdinand advises in the area of restructuring and insolvency and is a member of the firm’s global transactions team.
He advises corporates and lenders in the context of out-of court and in-court financial restructurings and refinancings. He is a member of our skills group Insolvency Disputes.
Ferdinand speaks German and English.back to tab navigation
- Advising a retailer on an upcoming refinancing;
- Advising a global manufacturer of home appliances in multijurisdictional disputes arising out of the insolvency of a commercial customer, including developing and implementing the defence against claw-back and tort claims brought forward by an insolvency administrator.
- Advising engine manufacturer Deutz in connection with the restructuring of the foundries Gußwerke Leipzig/Saarbrücken (formerly Halberg-Guss).
- Advising a leading German financial institution against a claw-back action filed by an insolvency administrator.
- Advising pharmaceutical manufacturer Stada on the restructuring of a EUR 300 million bond.
- Advising Hamburg Commercial Bank (formerly HSH Nordbank) on the sale of NPL portfolios worth several billion euros.
- Advising TAKATA, formerly a leading international automotive supplier, on the cross-border restructuring.
Legal studies at Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg and Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Germany
Degree of doctor of laws (Dr. iur.) (Universität Hamburg, Germany)
Legal clerkship (Rechtsreferendariat) at the Higher Regional Court (Oberlandesgericht) of Hamburg with stages in London and Munich
Attorney at law (Rechtsanwalt), Germany
Hamburg Bar Associationback to tab navigation