About Dr. Thomas Bücker
Thomas advises mainly listed companies in complex corporate law matters such as domestic and cross-border reorganisations, board issues such as business judgement rule opinions and board liability, difficult shareholder meetings and corporate litigation.
He is recognised for his ability to deal with legally complex corporate matters that require careful judgement. Thomas also has a broad expertise in EU corporate law, including the formation of European eompanies (societas Europaea), cross-border mergers and related corporate governance issues.
Thomas speaks English and French along with his native German.
- Siemens Energy AG with regard to its spin-off from Siemens AG
- Goldman Sachs with respect to its Brexit-induced European restructurings
- Deutsche Bank AG regarding its intended combination with Commerzbank AG
- Merck KGaA on the separation of its three business divisions by way of a hive-down with subsequent business lease
- BASF in connection with the joint venture between Wintershall and DEA
- UBS AG on the simultaneous cross-border merger of five European wealth management entities to establish UBS Europe SE
- DVB Bank SE and DZ Bank AG with respect to the envisaged merger of DVB Bank into DZ Bank
- Zalando, Rocket Internet, Home24, Auto1 and various other companies with regard to their conversion into a European Company
- Various financial institution with respect to cross-border mergers within the EU
- Various corporate litigation matters
- Ongoing corporate and corporate governance advice for several blue chip entities
- University of Frankfurt am Main, Germany (PhD)
- University of Exeter, UK