About Dr. Jan Brinkmann
Jan is a partner of our tax practice. He deals with complex domestic and international tax issues with a particular focus on financial institutions.
His practice comprises the tax structuring of corporate reorganisations, particularly in the banking sector, M&As, fund structuring, asset finance, transfer pricing for financial services and VAT.
Jan is often recommended for financial institutions tax advice and has built long-term relationships with many foreign banks in Germany.
Jan regularly publishes and lectures on tax law.
He speaks German and English.
- Goldman Sachs on various aspects of its German business
- J.P. Morgan on the transfer of business and cross border mergers in the context of Brexit
- Swiss Gategroup on the acquisition of the European business of LSG Sky Chefs from Lufthansa
- ING Group/ING DiBa on various German tax aspects of their domestic and international business
- SEB on the sale of its German asset management division to Savills
- Deutschen Pfandbriefbank on current tax issues
- Various financial institutions and corporates in tax litigation matters (including representing them before the Federal Fiscal Court)
- College of Fiscal Affairs, Nordkirchen, Germany (diploma in tax law (Dipl-Finw))
University of Konstanz, Germany (law; doctorate in law (Dr jur))
- University of Oxford, UK (master’s degree in law (M Jur))
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Steuerberater (tax adviser), Germany