About Daniel Boyle
Daniel specialises in advising private equity, corporate and sovereign wealth clients on acquisitions, takeovers and mergers, joint ventures and shareholder issues. He started his career in London and, more recently, has significant experience in emerging markets.
Daniel has advised on high profile mandates in a variety of industry sectors, including banking, infrastructure and retail.
- Mubadala and Trafigura on the US$1.865bn sale of MATSA to Sandfire Resources.*
- CVC Capital Partners on its EUR240,000,000 acquisition of D-Marin and management equity incentive scheme.*
- Mubadala on its equity co-investment in Apax's US$1.8bn acquisition of Rodenstock Group.*
- DP World on the sale of a minority stake in its strategic UAE assets to CDPQ for US$5bn.*
- DP World on its US$1.1bn acquisition of Trans Marine.*
- A UAE sovereign wealth investor on its initial co-investment and follow-on in J&T Express, an Indonesian logistics business.*
- The Saudi Arabian British Bank on its US$5bn statutory merger with Alawwal Bank, the first statutory merger in Saudi Arabia.*
- Abu Dhabi National Energy Company (Taqa) on its US$54 billion merger transaction with its majority shareholder, Abu Dhabi Power Corporation (AD Power).*
- Abu Dhabi National Energy Company (Taqa) on its acquisition of a majority stake in Masdar (valuing Masdar at US$1.9bn) and renewable power and green hydrogen joint ventures with ADNOC and Mubadala.*
- A consortium of shareholders lead by Invest AD on their disposal of an 87.5% interest in Airports International Group, the operating company of Queen Alia International Airport in Jordan.*
- QNB Group, the largest financial institution in Qatar and the Middle East and North Africa region, on its acquisition of Finansbank in Turkey from National Bank of Greece, for a total consideration of €2.7 billion (US$2.94 billion) plus the assignment of US$910 million of subordinated debt.*
- Mumtalakat on the acquisition of a minority stake in a warehouse leasing business in the UAE.*
- IFM Investors on its bid to acquire an equity interest in ADNOC's gas pipelines.*
*Selected representations prior to joining Freshfields.