About Jon Bowden
Jon is a partner in our Singapore office and specialises in advising on complex cross-border mergers and acquisitions together with joint venture arrangements.
Jon has a particular focus on private capital transactions, and regularly advises global and Asia-based private equity sponsors and other financial investors on their transactions throughout the Asia-Pacific region and more broadly. Jon also advises corporates and financial institutions on a variety of cross-border private and public M&A transactions, joint ventures and corporate finance transactions.
Jon is ranked as a leading lawyer in the Asia-Pacific region by Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 (2018-2023).
Highlights of Jon's recent work include advising:
- Brookfield Renewable Partners on the disposal of its solar energy business in Thailand to Global Power Synergy Public Company (GPSC) and on the separate disposal of its solar energy business in Malaysia.
- a leading global financial sponsor on its investments into education assets in Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand.
- funds affiliated with the investment management platform of DigitalBridge Group on the acquisition of a significant ownership stake in AIMS Group from TIME dotCom Berhad.
- a leading global financial sponsor on the investment by a sovereign wealth fund into an investment platform founded by the financial sponsor with a focus on Indian single-specialty healthcare businesses.
- a leading global financial sponsor on its co-investment with a sovereign wealth fund in The CrownX, the integrated consumer retail platform of Vietnamese conglomerate Masan Group.
- a leading global financial sponsor on its investment in a leading biopharmaceutical group in India.
- RATCH Group PCL on its US$605 million acquisition of the Nexif Energy Group and on the formation of NEXIF RATCH Energy, a renewable energy platform with wind, solar and hydro energy assets across Southeast Asia and Australia.
- Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited on its US$2.3 billion acquisition of a majority shareholding in Bank Permata Tbk from Standard Chartered Bank and PT Astra International Tbk, together with a subsequent mandatory tender offer and integration of Bangkok Bank’s Indonesian branch network into Bank Permata Tbk.
- LOLC Holdings on the sale of its shareholding in PRASAC MicroFinance Institution Limited (PRASAC) to Kookmin Bank Co. Ltd, the largest ever Cambodian M&A deal by value and one of the largest ever overseas investments by a Korean bank.
- Schneider Electric on its US$2.1 billion acquisition of Larsen & Toubro Electrical & Automation, and on the subsequent consortium arrangements between Schneider Electric and Temasek Holdings Private Ltd.
- BA (Hons), Modern History -- University of Oxford
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law (PgDL) -- Oxford Institute of Legal Practice
- Admitted to the Bar of England & Wales