Maria specialises in M&A deals, joint venture transactions and general corporate matters.
She has represented Russian and international corporations, investment funds and private shareholders on the buy and sell side.
Maria has experience in structuring, managing and implementing complex cross-border transactions, including leveraged acquisitions and setting up joint ventures.
She works across a variety of sectors, including oil and gas, manufacturing, banking, retail, construction and telecommunications.
Maria speaks Russian and English.back to tab navigation
- Advising Polymetal International on the acquisition of the entire share capital of Orion Minerals, the licence holder for the Komarovskoye gold deposit in Kazakhstan.
- Advising AO Raiffeisenbank Russia on the disposal of its 100 per cent share in AO NPF Raiffeisen (a top-20 Russian private pension fund) to BIN Group.
- Advising the sellers in connection with the sale of their interests (representing together approximately 54.2 per cent) in Taas-Yuriakh Neftegazodobycha, a holder of the subsoil licence for the exploration and development of the Srednebotuobinskii oil and gas deposit located in the East Siberia region of Russian, to RN-Vostochnaya Sibir, a subsidiary of Rosneft Oil Company.
- Advising a shareholder of one of Russia's 'big three' telecom operators on its joint venture with shareholders of a Russia broadband services provider (estimated deal value – up to $7bn).
- Advising investors, including VTB Capital and Alfa Capital Partners, on the acquisition of a 79 per cent stake in News Outdoor for $300-400m from News Corp.
- Columbia University, US (LLM, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar)
- Russian State University for Humanities (specialist diploma in law with honours)
- Lawyer, Russian Federation
MoscowKadashevskaya nab 14/2
T +7 495 785 3000
F +7 495 785 3001