About Mag. Diogo Borges
Diogo specialises in fact investigations and related data protection issues.
His practice focuses on legal forensics and best practices in the use of eDiscovery legal tech and related data protection obligations in investigations and litigation. He advises and assists global teams with the collection, review and analysis of digital files for various purposes. He has also succesfully helped with the use of legal tech in the context of dispute resolution proceedings in general.
Diogo speaks German, English, Portuguese, Spanish and Italian.
- Advising on data review, root cause determination and data protection obligations in the context of ramsomware attacks at two major German companies in the construction and automotive sectors;
- Advising in the context of the selection of a service provider, fact investigation, related data protection matters and evaluation of documents with the help of the Relativity review platform in connection with an internal investigation for a German automotive supplier;
- Advising the fact investigation and evaluation of documents with the help of the review platform Nuix in connection with criminal allegations for the Erwin Hymer Group;
- Advising the fact investigation, related data protection matters and evaluation of documents with the help of the review platform Relativity in connection with allegations under competition law and insider trading for a German bank;
- Advising in the context of implementation of the review platform Relativity and support of the AI-supported document evaluation in criminal and labour matters for a German family office;
- Advising an US tech company on factual and data protection questionnaires from the Irish Data Protection Authority
- Advising on the use of different eDiscovery platforms (including Relativity,Disco, Recommind/OpenText, Everlaw, Brainspace, Reveal /NexLP) and AI-based investigation methods in the context of several internal investigations, mass claims and arbitration proceedings;
- Long-term co-creation of the legal tech portfolio for the dispute resolution area at Freshfields.
- Goethe-University Frankfurt am Main, Germany (LL.M.)
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Bachelor's in Law)
- Admitted to the Bar in Brazil (Advogado)
- Admitted to the Bar in Portugal (Advogado)
- Member of the Rechtsanwaltskammer in Frankfurt am Main als Advogado (Portugal)
- CIPP/E (Certified Information Privacy Professional / Europe)
- Certified Relativity Review Management Specialist
- Scrum Product Owner (Scrum Alliance).