About David Beutel
David is a partner in our tax practice, and is comfortable with the most complex M&A transactions, reorganisations, restructurings, and challenging audit cases. He is currently also managing partner of our Munich office.
David's clients include private equity, venture capital, insurance, family-owned and industrial businesses. His clients turn to him not only for M&A deals, but also for on-going tax consultancy advice, in distressed scenarios and in other situations challenging and complex from the tax side. He has broad know-how and experience in all aspects of corporate taxation, in particular in a cross-border context. David has been involved in some of the most prominent recent private equity deals and debt restructurings in the German market.
David is the author of various publications, and regularly holds seminars on corporate taxation in the context of M&A and reorganisations. He is also a lecturer at Augsburg university's legal faculty with the institute of tax law of Prof. Dr. Gregor Kirchhof.
He speaks German, English and French.
- Cinven on various disposals and acquisitions, most recently the acquisition of MBCC admixture assets from Sika, (together with Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board) the combination of group.ONE and the dogado group as well as various investments for insurance run-off platform Viridium, namely regarding a Generali life insurance portfolio;
- EQT on various acquisitions and disposals, e.g. regarding Schuelke personal care business;
- Global Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of the off-shore windfarm business of wpd;
- Takko Fashion on its succesful debt restructuring and debt-to-equity swap;
- Qatar Investment Authority on various investments e.g. the acquisition of a minority stake in Celonis;
- Funds advised by AGC as regards the acquisition of THE SQUAIRE, a high-profile business complex at Frankfurt airport;
- Various venture capital businesses and investors on financing rounds, investments and ongoing tax affairs;
- Tax consultancy advice relating to various reorganisations, all things corporate tax and beyond, for family-owned, industrial and financial services clients.
- Augsburg University, Germany (Doctor of law)
- University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada (Law)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Steuerberater, Germany