“Ranked among the top 500 dealmakers in the United States”
Andrea advises domestic and international clients on M&A and minority investments in public and private companies, corporate governance and securities law matters.
Andrea's practice focuses on advising companies and shareholders on their equity investments, including corporate venture capital programs. She has deep experience with de-SPAC acquisitions and PIPE financings in connection with SPACs. Andrea also advises on disclosure and ongoing reporting obligations of public companies, public and private offerings of securities in the United States and elsewhere, and securities law and reporting aspects of M&A transactions involving public companies.back to tab navigation
Select Public and Private M&A Transactional Advice
- Li-Cycle on its:
- $1.6 billion business combination with SPAC Peridot Acquisition Corp., including a $315 million concurrent PIPE investment.
- announced issuance of a $200 million convertible notes issuance to Glencore Ltd.
- $100 million convertible notes issuance to Koch.
- $50 million PIPE investment by LG.
- Series C financing.
- América Móvil on the:
- sale of Claro Panama to Liberty Latin America affiliate.
- formation of telecom JV with Liberty Latin America in Chile.
- Google on its $1 billion PIPE investment in CME.
- Honeywell on the combination of Honeywell Quantum Solutions and Cambridge Quantum Computing and acquisition of a majority stake in the combined company.
- Stanley Black & Decker on numerous matters, including:
- the $3.2 billion sale of its electronic security solutions and healthcare solutions businesses to Securitas.
- as a stockholder of Evolv Technology on its $1.25 billion business combination with SPAC NewHold Investment Corp.
- its $1.4 billion sale of its Hardware & Home Improvement Group to Spectrum Brands.
- The Finance of America Companies on its $30 million PIPE equity raise.
- Stagwell Media on its combination with MDC Partners, pursuant to which Stagwell acquired a 69% interest in MDC through an “Up-C” transaction structure.
- Volkswagen as the largest stockholder of QuantumScape Corporation on QuantumScape’s $3.3 billion business combination with SPAC Kensington Capital Acquisition Corp.
- Special Committee of Independent Directors of Emerald Holding on a $400 million convertible preferred stock PIPE led by Onex Corporation.
- Americold on its $1.74 billion acquisition of Agro Merchants Group from Oaktree Capital.
- MercadoLibre on its 2019 PIPE financing with Dragoneer.
- Cohu on its $796 million acquisition of Xcerra.
- Brookfield Asset Management on its multi-tranche investment in Hospitality Investors Trust, a public REIT, including a novel structure in which Brookfield made its PIPE investment directly into the operating subsidiary of the REIT.
- Medtronic on its $49.9 billion acquisition of Covidien.
- Suntory on its $16 billion acquisition of Beam.
- OCI N.V. on its announced $8 billion combination with CF Industries.
- The Coca-Cola Company on the $28 billion combination of Coca Cola Enterprises, Iberian Partners, and Erfrischungsgetränke to form Coca-Cola European Partners.
- Alpha Dhabi on its acquisition of a 25% stake in Gordon Technologies for approximately $164 million.
Select Equity Transactions
- Rio Tinto on its investment in Terra CO2.
- General Dynamics Land Systems on its Series C investment in Epirus.
- General Atlantic on its:
- investment through its BeyondNetZero climate-focused fund in Sun King.
- investment in Reliance Health.
- investment in Matillion.
- Volkswagen on several matters, including:
- its investment in, and strategic partnership and related licensing arrangements with, 24M Technologies.
- as significant minority shareholder, as well as the other shareholders, of Austrian e-mobility provider has.to.be gmbh on its $295 million sale to NYSE-listed ChargePoint in exchange for cash and US public company stock.
- Google on its $4.5 billion transaction with Jio Platforms, including investment and governance arrangements, and commercial agreements to develop an affordable smartphone with an optimized operating system.
- Uber on its investment in Grupo Moove.
- Goldfinch Partners on its $125 million investment in Vesta.
- Universal Music Group on the $3.4 billion sale of 10% of its equity by parent Vivendi to Tencent and related option for Tencent Music to acquire a minority stake in Universal Music's greater China business.
- Stanley Ventures on multiple equity investments in companies developing disruptive technologies, including Evolv Technology, Active Guardian, Dome Zero, Occo, Dynamic Green Products, Triditive, Foresite Healthcare, Evolve Additive Solutions, GTP Services, Fabric8 Labs, 3xLOGIC, ConnectMyEV, ARIX Technologies, Veloxint, Red Point Positioning, Prieto Battery, Pillo Health and FreeWire Technologies.
- Alphabet on its follow-on investment in SpaceX.
- Alphabet on Softbank’s equity investment in Loon, a subsidiary of Alphabet.
- Temasek on its cornerstone equity investment in Univar.
- Viking Global Investors, the Investment Corporation of Dubai and Voya Financial in connection with several equity investments private companies.
- BNP Paribas on its equity investment in Forge Global’s $50 million Series B financing round.
- JUUL on Altria’s $12.8 billion minority investment.
- Robert Kauffman on his investment in convertible preferred stock of University Bancorp.
Select Public Company Transactional, Reporting and Governance Advice
- SPAC PepperLime Health Acquisition Corp. on its $150 million IPO and listing on Nasdaq.
- The Hartford on various financing matters, including its $500 million offering of senior notes and its exercise of the Put Option under the Glen Meadow ABC Trust to issue $500 million of junior subordinated notes.
- Numerous domestic and international corporate and shareholder clients on corporate governance and securities offering related matters, including Carbo Ceramics, Evertec, New Media, American Express, Temasek Holdings, Goldman Sachs, Viking Global Investors and others.
- Several foreign private issuer U.S. registered IPOs, including LINE’s dual-listed U.S.-Japan IPO and the IPOs of Argentine companies Central Puerto and Grupo Supervielle.
- MercadoLibre on corporate governance, SEC reporting and financing matters, including the $1.4 billion registered sale by eBay of its equity interest in MercadoLibre, its $880 million offering of senior notes, related capital call transactions, and concurrent private exchange transactions, and its 2019 concurrent $1 billion equity offering and PIPE financing.
back to tab navigation
New York University School of Law
- J.D., 2002
- B.A., 1997
- Spanish (native)
- French (fluent)
New York601 Lexington Avenue, 31st Floor
New York, NY 10022
T +1 212 284 4966
F +1 212 277 4001
Ranked as a notable practitioner in M&A and equity capital markets