Andrea advises domestic and international clients on corporate governance and securities law matters and minority investments in public and private companies.
Andrea's practice focuses on disclosure and ongoing reporting obligations of public companies, public and private offerings of securities in the United States and elsewhere, and securities law and reporting aspects of M&A transactions involving public companies. She also advises companies and shareholders on their equity investments, including corporate venture capital programs.back to tab navigation
Select Equity Transactions
- Google in its $4.5 billion transaction with Jio Platforms, including investment and governance arrangements, and commercial agreements to develop an affordable smartphone with an optimized operating system.
- Goldfinch Partners in its $125 million acquisition of Vesta, a fintech pioneer in fully guaranteed payment and fraud protection technologies.
- Universal Music Group in the $3.4 billion sale of 10% of its equity by parent Vivendi to Tencent and related option for Tencent Music to acquire a minority stake in Universal Music's greater China business.
- Stanley Ventures in multiple equity investments in companies developing disruptive technologies, including Evolv Technology, Active Guardian, Dome Zero, Occo, Dynamic Green Products, Triditive, Foresite Healthcare, Evolve Additive Solutions, GTP Services, Fabric8 Labs, 3xLOGIC, ConnectMyEV, ARIX Technologies, Veloxint, Red Point Positioning, Prieto Battery, Pillo Health and FreeWire Technologies.
- Alphabet in its follow-on investment in SpaceX.
- Alphabet in connection with Softbank’s equity investment in Loon, a subsidiary of Alphabet.
- MercadoLibre in its 2019 PIPE financing with Dragoneer.
- Temasek in connection with its cornerstone equity investment in Univar.
- Viking Global Investors, the Investment Corporation of Dubai and Voya Financial in connection with several equity investments private companies.
- BNP Paribas in its equity investment in Forge Global’s $50 million Series B financing round.
- JUUL in connection with Altria’s $12.8 billion minority investment.
- Robert Kauffman in his investment in convertible preferred stock of University Bancorp.
- Brookfield Asset Management in its multi-tranche investment in Hospitality Investors Trust, a public REIT, including a novel structure in which Brookfield made its PIPE investment directly into the operating subsidiary of the REIT.
Select Public Company Transactional, Reporting and Governance Advice
- Special Committee of Independent Directors of Emerald Holding in a $400 million convertible preferred stock PIPE led by Onex Corporation.
- MercadoLibre on corporate governance, SEC reporting and financing matters, including the $1.4 billion registered sale by eBay of its equity interest in MercadoLibre, its $880 million offering of senior notes, related capital call transactions, and concurrent private exchange transactions, and its 2019 concurrent $1 billion equity offering and PIPE financing.
- The Hartford on various financing matters, including its $500 million offering of senior notes and its exercise of the Put Option under the Glen Meadow ABC Trust to issue $500 million of junior subordinated notes.
- Numerous domestic and international corporate and shareholder clients on corporate governance and securities offering related matters, including Carbo Ceramics, Evertec, New Media, American Express, Temasek Holdings, Goldman Sachs, Viking Global Investors and others.
- Sveral foreign private issuer U.S. registered IPOs, including LINE’s dual-listed U.S.-Japan IPO and the IPOs of Argentine companies Central Puerto and Grupo Supervielle.
Select Public M&A Transactional Advice
- Cohu in its $796 million acquisition of Xcerra.
- Stanley Black & Decker in its $1.4 billion sale of its Hardware & Home Improvement Group to Spectrum Brands.
- Medtronic in its $49.9 billion acquisition of Covidien.
- Suntory in its $16 billion acquisition of Beam.
- OCI N.V. in its announced $8 billion combination with CF Industries.
- The Coca-Cola Company in the $28 billion combination of Coca Cola Enterprises, Iberian Partners, and Erfrischungsgetränke to form Coca-Cola European Partners.
back to tab navigation
New York University School of Law
- J.D., 2002
- B.A., 1997
- Spanish (native)
- French (fluent)
New York601 Lexington Avenue 31st Floor
New York, NY
T +1 212 284 4966
F +1 212 277 4001