Andrea advises domestic and international clients on corporate governance and securities law matters and minority investments in public and private companies.
Andrea's practice focuses on disclosure and ongoing reporting obligations of public companies, public and private offerings of securities in the United States and elsewhere, and securities law and reporting aspects of M&A transactions involving public companies. She also advises companies and shareholders on their equity investments, including corporate venture capital programs.back to tab navigation
Select Minority Investments
- Acting for Stanley Ventures in multiple equity investments in companies developing disruptive technologies, including Foresite Healthcare, Evolve Additive Solutions, GTP Services, Fabric8 Labs, 3xLOGIC, ConnectMyEV, ARIX Technologies, FreeWire Technologies, Veloxint, Red Point Positioning, Prieto Battery, and Pillo Health.
- Acting for Alphabet in its follow-on investment in SpaceX.
- Acting for Alphabet in connection with Softbank’s equity investment in Loon, a subsidiary of Alphabet.
- Acting for MercadoLibre in its 2019 PIPE financing with Dragoneer.
- Acting for Temasek in connection with its cornerstone equity investment in Univar Inc.
- Acting for Viking Global Investors, the Investment Corporation of Dubai and Voya Financial in connection with several equity investments private companies.
- Acting for BNP Paribas in its equity investment in Forge Global’s $50 million Series B financing round.
- Acting for JUUL in connection with Altria’s $12.8 billion minority investment.
- Acting for Robert Kauffman in his investment in convertible preferred stock of University Bancorp.
- Acting for Brookfield Asset Management in its multi-tranche investment in Hospitality Investors Trust, a public REIT, including a novel structure in which Brookfield made its PIPE investment directly into the operating subsidiary of the REIT.
Select Public Company Transactional, Reporting and Governance Advice
- Acting for MercadoLibre on corporate governance, SEC reporting and financing matters, including the $1.4 billion registered sale by eBay of its equity interest in MercadoLibre, its $880 million offering of senior notes, related capital call transactions, and concurrent private exchange transactions, and its 2019 concurrent $1 billion equity offering and PIPE financing.
- Acting for The Hartford on various financing matters, including its $500 million offering of senior notes and its exercise of the Put Option under the Glen Meadow ABC Trust to issue $500 million of junior subordinated notes.
- Acting for numerous domestic and international corporate and shareholder clients on corporate governance and securities offering related matters, including Carbo Ceramics, Evertec, New Media, American Express, Temasek Holdings, Goldman Sachs, Viking Global Investors and others.
- Acting for several foreign private issuer U.S. registered IPOs, including LINE’s dual-listed U.S.-Japan IPO and the IPOs of Argentine companies Central Puerto and Grupo Supervielle.
Select Public M&A Transactional Advice
- Acting for Cohu in its $796 million acquisition of Xcerra.
- Acting for Stanley Black & Decker in its $1.4 billion sale of its Hardware & Home Improvement Group to Spectrum Brands Holdings.
- Acting for Medtronic in its $42.9 billion acquisition of Covidien.
- Acting for Suntory in its $16 billion acquisition of Beam.
- Acting for OCI N.V. in its announced $8 billion combination with CF Industries.
- Acting for The Coca-Cola Company in the $28 billion combination of Coca Cola Enterprises, Iberian Partners, and Erfrischungsgetränke to form Coca-Cola European Partners.
back to tab navigation
New York University School of Law
- J.D., 2002
- B.A., 1997
- Spanish (native)
- French (fluent)
New York601 Lexington Avenue 31st Floor
New York, NY
T +1 212 277 4000
F +1 212 277 4001