About Yvonne Barry
Yvonne specialises in M&A and private equity transactions for private equity sponsors and other financial investors in transactions across Europe and across a range of sectors.
Yvonne is based in our London office and during her time at Freshfields has spent time on secondment to Freshfields’ New York office and to the London office of Blackstone.
- Advising Deutsche Bahn on the sale of international transport business Arriva, including all of its operating businesses across 10 European markets to I Squared Capital, a leading global infrastructure investment manager
- Advising Hellman & Friedman on its investments in:
- TeamSystem, a provider of business software solutions in Italy and Spain, including the sale of a minority stake to Silver Lake Partners
- Nets and Nexi, including:
- The $5.3bn public takeover offer for Nets from Nasdaq Copenhagen
- The subsequent merger of Nets with Concardis Payment Group, a leading merchant payment service provider in the German-speaking parts of Europe
- The €2.85bn sale of Nets’ A2A infrastructure services business to Mastercard
- The €7.8bn all-share merger of Nets into Nexi, a leading PayTech company listed on MTA of Borsa Italiana
- Allfunds Bank, including the acquisition of Credit Suisse’s open architecture investment fund activities, Credit Suisse InvestLab
- Advising CVC Capital Partners:
- and its portfolio company, Recordati, on its investment in EUSA Pharma, a pharmaceutical company focused on oncology and rare disease
- on its acquisition of Away Resorts, a leading British holiday park provider
- on its strategic partnership investment in PRO14 Rugby
- on its acquisition of Ahlsell AB, a Swedish building materials group
- on its acquisition of TMF Group, a global provider of compliance and administrative services
- Advising PAI Partners on the acquisition of a co-controlling stake in the Azets group, alongside existing investor Hg Capital
- Advising the founders of True Potential, a UK wealth management platform, on the sale of a majority stake to Cinven
- Advising Montagu Private Equity on:
- its sale of Servelec, a digital care company, to the Access Group
- its investment in Wireless Logic, a M2M and IoT connectivity platform provider, including on the minority investment by CVC Capital Partners
- Advising GIC in connection with its significant minority investment in Nordic Aviation Capital, an aircraft leasing company.
- Advising Blackstone Tactical Opportunities:
- as part of a consortium including GIC and Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company on its acquisition of Goldman Sachs’ shareholding in Rothesay Life, a leading UK pensions insurance specialist
- and its portfolio company, Cloudreach, a cloud-based computing services provider, in connection with its acquisitions of Emerging Technology Advisors LLC and a majority stake in Cloudamize Inc.
- Trinity College Dublin, (LL.B. (Business))
- Solicitor, England and Wales