Sara is a senior associate in our energy and infrastructure team in London, and a member of our global transactions group.
Sara advises sponsors and financiers on the development and financing of energy and infrastructure projects.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Sara was an in-house legal associate at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).
She is triple-qualified in Istanbul, England and Wales and New York.
back to tab navigation
- EBRD, IFC, DEG, BSTDB and SACE on approximately 900 million USD project financing for the Etlik Hospital PPP in Turkey
- EBRD, EDC and OPIC on project financing for the construction of Izmir and Kocaeli Hospital PPPs in Turkey (awarded Best Financial Structure - Social Infrastructure by Partnership Awards)
- Standard Chartered Bank, Societe Generale and other lenders on project financing for the construction of Salalah LPG plant in Oman (awarded MENA Midstream Oil & Gas Deal of the Year by IJ Global)
- Alcoa Corporation, on the refinancing (including Islamic murabaha tranches) of project financing received for aluminium complex in Saudi Arabia
- The project developers/sponsors on project financing for the Bilkent Hospital PPP in Turkey (awarded Best Deal in Turkey by PFI – International Project Financing Awards, and Best Healthcare Deal 2by World Finance)
- EBRD, as in-house associate, on project financing for the construction of 80 MW Chirnogeni wind power plant in Romania (awarded Wind Deal of the Year by World Finance)
- Columbia Univesity Law School, New York (LL.M., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar)
- Koc University Law School, Istanbul (LL.B., Honour Roll)
- Solicitor in England and Wales
- New York Bar
- Istanbul Bar
London65 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1HS
T +44 20 7716 4032
F +44 20 7832 7001