Sara is a senior associate in our energy and infrastructure team in London, and a member of our global transactions group.
Sara advises sponsors and financiers on the development and financing of energy and infrastructure projects.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Sara was an in-house legal associate at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).
She is triple-qualified in Istanbul, England and Wales and New York.
back to tab navigation
- EBRD, IFC, DEG, BSTDB and SACE on approximately 900 million USD project financing for the Etlik Hospital PPP in Turkey
- EBRD, EDC and OPIC on project financing for the construction of Izmir and Kocaeli Hospital PPPs in Turkey (awarded Best Financial Structure - Social Infrastructure by Partnership Awards)
- Standard Chartered Bank, Societe Generale and other lenders on project financing for the construction of Salalah LPG plant in Oman (awarded MENA Midstream Oil & Gas Deal of the Year by IJ Global)
- Alcoa Corporation, on the refinancing (including Islamic murabaha tranches) of project financing received for aluminium complex in Saudi Arabia
- The project developers/sponsors on project financing for the Bilkent Hospital PPP in Turkey (awarded Best Deal in Turkey by PFI – International Project Financing Awards, and Best Healthcare Deal 2by World Finance)
- EBRD, as in-house associate, on project financing for the construction of 80 MW Chirnogeni wind power plant in Romania (awarded Wind Deal of the Year by World Finance)
Columbia Univesity Law School, New York (LL.M., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar)
Koc University Law School, Istanbul (LL.B., Honour Roll)
Solicitor in England and Wales
New York Bar
Istanbul Barback to tab navigation
London65 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1HS
T +44 20 7716 4032
F +44 20 7832 7001 firstname.lastname@example.org