About Christina Banz
Christina is a principal associate in our finance practice specialising in acquisition, leveraged and real estate finance.
She is qualified as a Solicitor in England and Wales as well as a German lawyer (‘Rechtsanwältin’). She specialises in growth debt, acquisition and leveraged finance, syndicated loan transactions, direct lending and also advises on English law governed finance transactions. Christina regularly advises lenders, sponsors and borrowers on the full range of credit and debt financings.
Prior to joining the firm, Christina completed her training contract at a leading international law firm in London.
Christina is fluent in German and English.
- Advising Vonovia SE on various financings, including in connection with acquisitions (including the takeover offer for Deutsche Wohnen SE in 2021).
- Advising HOCHTIEF on its EUR 17 billion acquisition (alongside ACS and Atlantia) of toll-road operator Abertis.
- Advising Barclays, Goldman Sachs and others in connection with a EUR 920m term loan B and RCF financing for the MEDIAN-Group.
- Advising Nordex S.E. on its financial restructuring which included a guarantee facility, a liquidity line, EiB credit agreements and a high yield bond.
- Advising a syndicate of banks on the refinancing of automotive supplier Huf Hülsbeck & Fürst in Velbert.
- Advising Razor Group, a Berlin based start-up, on various financings, including an innovative financing by BlackRock and Victory Park Capital and the issuance of convertible loans.
- Advising J.P. Morgan on the EUR 415 Mio. term loan B/cov-lite and RCF refinancing to Rodenstock.
- Advising OSRAM Licht AG in relation to its planned acquisition by Bain Capital and The Carlyle Group.
- Advising IVG Immobilien AG on the sale of its core real estate portfolio subsidiary Officefirst Immobilien to Blackstone for EUR 3.3 billion.
- University of Edinburgh School of Law, United Kingdom (Bachelor of Laws with Honours)
- University of Law (formerly College of Law) London, United Kingdom (Legal Practice Course)
- University of Edinburgh School of Law, United Kingdom (Master of Laws)
- Rechtsanwältin, Germany
- Solicitor, England and Wales