Ron is a corporate finance associate in our Global Transactions group.
He has a broad finance practice, specialising in advising private equity funds, alternative capital providers, corporates and lenders on a range of complex debt solutions. Ron has experience working on securitisations, general lending, commodities & receivables financings, acquisition financing, asset-backed deals, structured products and OTC derivatives. He has worked on consumer and auto loan receivables, mortgages and distressed assets.
Event driven finance is a common element of many of Ron's deals.back to tab navigation
- Advising ADM Capital on the US$520m refinancing for International Oasis, whose investments include a stake in Aston Martin, the British luxury car brand. (Press Release).
- Advising a credit fund on a circa €500m leveraged facility (which was then tranched by way of a total return swap at the back end) for a borrower with cross-over credit.
- Advising The Blackstone Group on the sale of its majority stake and repayment of existing debt in Trans Maldivian Airways to a consortium consisting of Bain Capital Asia Fund III, L.P. and a subsidiary of Tempus Group, Shenzhen Tempus Global Business Service Holding Ltd. (a public company listed on the Shenzhen stock exchange), for an enterprise value of US$500m.
- Advising Warburg Pincus and General Atlantic in relation to margin loans aggregating up to US$300m in connection with its stake at IPO in Network International.
- Advising corporates in relation to transaction related hedging obligations (interest, fx, deal contingent forwards).
- Advising Capita in relation to a structured receivables sale to stabilise payment profile under its bid for a services contract with a government entity.
- Advising Bulb Energy (a start-up energy supplier) on a privately funded customer account receivables financing.
- Advising Dixons Carphone in relation to an accounts receivables funding programme.
- Advising Angelo Gordon on a corporate customer account receivables financing.
- Advising Golman Sachs in relation to margin loans aggregating up to US$90m in connection with certain HK listed shares.
- Advising Deutsche Bank in relation to margin loans in connection with certain LSE listed shares.
- Advising the arrangers and lenders on the financing aspects of the Thames Tideway Tunnel in southeast England.
- Advising the lenders on £350m securitisation of South African auto loan receivables.
- Advising Prodigy Finance on its financings of MBA student loan receivables.
- Advising MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company on its freight receivables securitisation.
- Advising the Finnish mining company, Terrafame, in relation to prepayment and offtake agreements with Trafigura as part of a €250m recapitalisation of the company. (Press Release)
- Advising VTB Bank in relation to a number of commodities financing and inventory management agreements.
Real Estate Finance
- Advising Citi in relation to a participation of EUR 325m in a EUR 3.1bn loan to a JV entity owning a portfolio of real estate assets and a servicer business.
- Advising Cerberus in relation to an acquisition facility in relation to property in Ireland.
- Advising ING in relation to an asset backed facility to a Lux entity secured over REOs.
- University of Warwick, UK (LLB, 2011)
- City University (Inns of Court School of Law), UK (BPTC, 2012)
- Benefactors's Scholar of The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple (2012)
back to tab navigation