Kaustuv is an associate in our global transactions group.
He advises a range of corporations and financial institutions on complex corporate transactions, with a focus on private M&A, joint venture arrangements and equity capital markets work. Previously in our Singapore office, he has also acted on M&A matters and equity securities offerings across South and South East Asia. Kaustuv is part of our India practice and has advised global and regional corporations, financial institutions and sovereign wealth funds on some of their most important recent transactions in India.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Kaustuv worked as an associate in the corporate group of one of India’s leading law firms.back to tab navigation
- Advising Cazoo, the UK’s leading online car retailer, on its acquisitions of Smart Fleet Solutions (one of the UK’s leading independent vehicle reconditioning and storage specialists) and Drover (the UK’s leading car subscription platform)
- Advising Ted Baker in relation to its £105m firm placing, placing, open offer and offer for subscription, and other liquidity-enhancing transactions
- Advising Roadis Transportation Holding, the roads and highways arm of the Public Sector Pension Investment Board, on the creation of a $2bn platform with the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund to invest in road projects in India.
- Advising Hasbro, Inc., the American worldwide toy and game brand company, on its £3.3bn all-cash acquisition of Entertainment One, the London listed media and entertainment company behind Peppa Pig.
- Advising Trainline Plc and its majority shareholder on its £1.7bn IPO and premium listing on the London Stock Exchange.
- Advising Bharti Airtel, the world’s third-largest mobile network operator, on a $1.25bn investment in its subsidiary company, Airtel Africa - the largest M&A deal for 2018 in Africa and one of the largest international investments in Africa ever.
- Advising a major Middle Eastern sovereign wealth fund on several M&A transactions in India, including its acquisition of a stake in Cube Highways and Infrastructure - the largest Indian private equity investment ever in a pure-play roads platform.
- Advising Canada Pension Plan Investment Board on its arrangement with the Kotak Mahindra Group for investment in credit opportunities including distressed credit assets, and on its $1.3bn logistics joint venture with Indospace.
- Advising the underwriters, including Goldman Sachs and Bank of America Merill Lynch, on the proposed IPO of India’s largest green energy company.
back to tab navigation
- Columbia Law School, New York.
- Symbiosis International University, Pune.
Kaustuv is admitted to practice in New York.back to tab navigation