About Holly Baker
Holly is counsel in our corporate and M&A team in London. She has broad experience across cross-border deals and significant in-house experience.
The focus of Holly’s practice is advising UK listed companies and other international corporates on complex public and private M&A transactions.
Holly also advises on equity capital raisings, joint ventures and restructurings as well as providing corporate governance related and other strategic advice.
Holly previously spent almost 4 years as senior counsel at Pearson, where she was an integral member of the legal team supporting the CFO and Corporate Development teams. Her responsibilities included supporting strategic M&A and equity investment activities around the world, as well as advising on listed company obligations and general corporate issues.
Holly originally trained at Freshfields and has been seconded to Freshfields’ Hong Kong office and to Mouchel. She co-chairs our cross-practice flexible working group, SmartBalance, in London.
Holly’s recent experience includes advising:
- EDF on its investment in the Sizewell C nuclear power project.
- Crestbridge on the sale of its private equity and real estate fund administration business to Gen II.
- Dubai Aerospace Enterprise on its acquisition of the entire issued share capital of SKY Fund I Irish, Ltd.
- MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company on the joint offer by MSC and Remgro to acquire Mediclinic International plc.
- Croda International Plc on the sale of a majority of its Performance Technologies and Industrial Chemicals businesses to Cargill.
- John Laing Group on the recommended cash offer by Aqueduct Bidco Limited, a newly formed company owned by funds advised by KKR.
- Ferguson plc on the sale of its UK business (Wolseley) to Clayton, Dubilier & Rice.
- Croda International Plc on the acquisition of Iberchem, and on its related equity placing.
- SSE plc on the sale of its 50 per cent. share in its energy-from-waste Multifuel Energy joint venture with Wheelabrator Technologies to First Sentier Investors.
- WorldRemit on its acquisition of Sendwave.
- University of Manchester, LLB
- Nottingham Law School, Legal Practice Course
- Qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales