About Stefan Bajohr
Stefan is a member of the firm's Global Transactions group and advises clients on global reorganizations, M&A, general corporate and insolvency law related matters, commercial contracts and IP/IT with a particular focus on major cross-border reorganizations, carve-outs and post-merger integrations.
Due to his extensive work on major global reorganizations (in particular sellside carve-outs and post-merger integrations) he is well familiar with the typical legal, operational and practical transaction hurdles in more than 60 jurisdictions. This enables him to identify and mitigate risks at an early stage and to provide for an efficient organizational setup, management and smooth implementation of global projects (including by the use of legal tech).
Stefan is fluent in German and English.
- Advising Global Infrastructure Partners on the carve-out related aspects of the acquisition of wpd offshore GmbH, a leading offshore wind-farm developer, from wpd AG
- Advising the Flint Group on the sale of its XSYS division, in particular the carve-out related aspects thereto
- Advising Hewlett-Packard on its worldwide business separation, creating two separate publicly traded companies, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company which comprises HPCo's enterprise technology infrastructure, software and services businesses, and HP Inc, which owns and operates HPCo's printing and personal systems businesses.
- Advising Hewlett Packard Enterprise on the carve-out and spin-off of its enterprise services business (structured as a so called Reverse Morris Trust) in the view of the merger of the separated enterprise services business with Computer Science Corporation (now DXC Technology).
- Advising Hewlett Packard Enterprise on the carve-out and spin-off of its software business (structured as a so called Reverse Morris Trust) in the view of the merger of the separated software business with Micro Focus.
- Advising Hewlett Packard Enterprise on the post-merger integrations of
- Aruba Networks,
- SimpliVity Inc., and
- Nimble Storage Inc.
- Advising RWE on the acquisition of Nordex' wind and solar energy project development pipeline
- Advising Airbus on the exit of Bombardier from the medium-range aircraft program "C Series" (now "A220")
- Advising the Knauf Group on the carve-out and divestment of parts of the mineral fibre ceilings and grid business to be acquired from Armstrong World Industries Inc. in an upfront buyer remedy process in order to obtain the European Commission's approval to implement and close Knauf's acquistion of the entire EMEA and APJ RIM business from Armstrong World Industries.
- Advising IVG Immobilien on its restructuring implemented in an insolvency proceeding under the German law for further facilitation of the restructuring of companies (Gesetz zur weiteren Erleichterung der Sanierung von Unternehmen – ESUG).
- Advising KKR and Hans-Peter Wild on the sale of the WILD Flavors business to the US food company Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) for €2.3bn.
- University of Cologne, Germany (law, First State Examination)
- Regional Court of Bonn (Second State Examination)
- Boston University School of Law (LL.M.)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany (2014)