About Tobias André
Tobias André is a Counsel in our disputes and global investigations groups based in our Frankfurt office. He specialises in civil and administrative litigation as well as risk and crisis management.
He also advises and represents national and major international companies as well as financial institutions in complex commercial and public law matters.
He speaks German, English and French.
Tobias’ experience includes advising:
- A global corporate on its claim defence against class action lawsuits with a volume approaching €1 billion.
- AUDI in preliminary ruling proceedings before the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU).
- A global corporate automobile manufacturer on the defence against the first model declaratory action (Musterfeststellungsklage) before the Higher Regional Court of Braunschweig and on the subsequent framework settlement comprising 260,000 customers, including the technical implementation of a settlement platform.
- A German airline in a multi-tiered legal dispute over the allocation of flight rights with the Federal Ministry of Transport and the German Federal Aviation Authority.
- A German securities trading firm in multi-state litigation against a Federal Government special fund, including the filing of a constitutional complaint with the German Constitutional Court.
- A leading telecommunications provider in various telecommunications law disputes, including proceedings before the Federal Administrative Court and the Federal Constitutional Court.
- A leading German financial institution in a comprehensive internal policy review following an internal investigation.
- A German financial institution in a civil dispute over the liquidation of collateral in connection with a complex mezzanine financing structure.
- A leading consulting firm in connection with shareholder actions and actions by derivative investors.
- A leading German automobile manufacturer against claims for damages in connection with criminal investigations of cargo crime.
- A leading online travel agency on the implementation of the requirements of the Consumer Rights Directive.