About Daniel Anderson
Dan is a partner in our Hong Kong office and specialises in restructuring and capital solutions. Dan regularly advises creditor groups, debtors and office holders in restructurings. He also advises investment funds and proprietary trading desks on their debt and equity investment in public and private companies, principally in distressed and special situations.
Dan is ranked as a leading lawyer in Restructuring in Asia Pacific by Chambers and Legal 500 (2016-2023).
Dan was also previously a director in the special situations group at Citadel in Hong Kong from 2007 to 2011, where he was involved in making, restructuring and exiting investments throughout Asia and across capital structures.
Dan is proficient in spoken and written Mandarin.
- Regularly advises one of Asia’s leading special situations funds on credit and equity-linked transactions throughout Asia.
- Advising an ad hoc group of noteholders on the restructuring of notes issued by Logan Group
- Advised a committee of noteholders on the restructuring of notes issued by Global A&T Electronics Ltd.*
- Advised a steering committee of noteholders on the restructuring of notes and other liabilities of Mongolian Mining Corporation.*
- Advised a syndicate of lenders of $150m loan to Jindal Steel & Power Mauritius Limited.*
- Advised a committee of noteholders in the restructuring of notes issued by subsidiaries of Rolta India Limited.*
- Advised Kaisa Group, a Hong Kong-listed real estate company operating in China, on the restructuring of its offshore liabilities.*
- Advised an ad hoc committee of bondholders on the restructuring of foreign currency convertible bonds issued by Indian wind-turbine maker Suzlon Energy Ltd.*
- Advised an ad hoc group of noteholders on the restructuring of notes issued by LDK Solar.*
- Advised PT Berlian Laju Tanker, Indonesia’s largest oil and gas shipping firm, in connection with its US$1.85 billion second-round consensual restructuring.*
* representation occurred prior to joining Freshfields
- JD, magna cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center
- MA (Anthropology), University of Iowa
- BA, University of Iowa
- Professional qualifications
- Qualified as a solicitor in Hong Kong
- Admitted to New York Bar