Massimo is counsel in our energy and infrastructure team based in London, and is our head of export finance.
Massimo specialises in project development and finance across a wide range of industry sectors, including oil and gas, renewable energy, telecoms, and social and transport infrastructure. He has worked on transactions in markets throughout the world, with a strong track record in the CIS and Africa.
Acting for sponsors, developers and financiers, he is particularly experienced in multi-sourced financings involving export credit agencies and development banks.
Massimo is qualified to practice English and New York law, and during his time at Freshfields was seconded to Total. A native Italian speaker, Massimo is fluent in English and French.back to tab navigation
- Advised the ECAs (Euler Hermes, Exiar and SACE) and the lenders on the financing of the Amur GPP project in Russia.
- Advised Noble Energy on the financing of its interest in the Leviathan gas field off the coast of Israel.
- Advising the sponsor on the development of floating LNG projects in Congo and Cameroon.
- Advised the lenders (EBRD, IFC, DEG and the Black Sea Trade and Development Bank) and SACE on the Etlik Integrated Health Campus PPP project in Turkey.
- Advised the European Investment Bank on the Gemini offshore wind project in the Netherlands, Infrastructure Journal’s European Deal of the Year 2014 and Project Finance International’s Power Deal of the Year 2014.
- Advised the equity investors on the Andromeda solar project bond financing.
back to tab navigation
- Gould School of Law, University of Southern California, US (LLM; MCL)
- University of Torino, Italy (LLB)
- Admitted to practise in England and Wales, New York and Italy
London EC2P 2SR
T +44 20 7936 4000
F +44 20 7832 7001