Alexandre is an associate in our International Arbitration Group and focuses on commercial and investment arbitration in Latin America.
Alexandre has experience representing investors in arbitrations involving the energy, infrastructure, oil and gas, banking and mining sectors under the ICSID, UNCITRAL and ICC rules. His practice also includes acting for sovereign states in international arbitration proceedings.
Prior to joining the Madrid office, he was a member of the firm’s arbitration group based in Washington DC, Rome and New York.
Alexandre speaks English, French and Spanish.back to tab navigation
- Advising a Spanish company of the banking sector in an arbitration brought against a Latin American State pursuant to ICSID Additional Facility rules.
- Advising a Latin American State in ICSID resubmission proceedings brought by the subsidiary of an international energy company pursuant to the Dominican Republic-Central America Free Trade Agreement.
- Advising a Spanish company of the infrastructure sector in a Spanish language ICSID arbitration against a Latin American State regarding the interference with the tariff regime of toll highway concessions.
- Advising various international companies in a commercial arbitration under UNCITRAL rules arising out of the termination of two oil production sharing contracts.
- Advising a group of Latin American subsidiaries of a multinational commodity trading and mining company in a multi-party commercial ICC arbitration, in which the combined value of the claims is in excess of US$1 billion.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. in International Legal Studies (Washington DC, 2016)
- Instituto de Estudios Bursátiles, Master for Access to the Legal Profession (Madrid, 2015)
- Instituto de Estudios Bursátiles, Master in Stock Exchange and Financial Markets (Madrid, 2014)
- Universidad Complutense, Bachelor of Laws (Madrid, 2014)
- Admitted to the New York State Bar (USA, 2019)
- Admitted to the Rome Bar (Italy, 2017)
- Admitted to the Madrid Bar (Spain, 2016)