Tewfiq al-Sharaiyra, Associate Corporate and M&A, Intellectual property, data and commercial
Tewfiq works on a broad range of both contentious and non-contentious IP, IT, data protection as well as general commercial matters.
He regularly advises on international matters with heavy IP, IT or data protection elements, M&A and JV transactions, as well as individual licensing, manufacturing and services agreements, for both public and private clients.
Tewfiq has been seconded to a bulge bracket investment banking client.back to tab navigation
- Advising First Reserve and M Group Services, on the acquisitions of Meter U, a water and energy metering services business, and Magdalene, a telecommunications services business.
- Representing a Middle Eastern telecommunications operator in an arbitration against a Middle Eastern state in a dispute involving discriminatory measures taken by the state in breach of its investment law.
- Advising multiple FTSE100 clients on data privacy and cybersecurity issues, including GDPR compliance programmes.
- Acting for United Biscuits on the sales of significant snacks and biscuits brands and businesses, including various related multi-jurisdictional commercial arrangements.
- Advising in relation to global brand protection strategy.
- Oxford University (Balliol College) BA MA, 2009-2012
- SOAS, University of London MSc, 2013-2014
- GDL, BPP, 2014-2015
- LPC, BPP, 2016
- Solicitor, England and Wales
London65 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1HS
T +44 20 7785 2942
F +44 20 7832 7001 Tewfiq.AL-SHARAIYRA@freshfields.com