About Liana Al Mifleh
Liana is an associate in our MENA Global Transactions Group. Liana specializes in advising on M&A transactions and regulatory matters. She holds a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Jordan. Liana is qualified in Jordan and is fluent in Arabic and English
Liana’s recent experience includes:
- Abu Dhabi Developmental Holding Company PJSC (ADQ) on its acquisition of various airline support businesses of Etihad Aviation Group, including ground and cargo handling, technical and aviation training and secure logistics.
- Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company (ADNEC), the owner of the London ExCel arena, on the carve-out and acquisition of the package holidays and airline catering businesses of the Etihad Aviation Group.
- Emirates Central Cooling Services Corporation (Empower), one of the world’s largest district cooling services provider, on its acquisition, following winning a competitive auction, of 19 district cooling assets from Nakheel PJSC (Nakheel) for AED 860 million (approximately $234m).
- Omantel on the sell-side auction process for the sale of its passive mobile infrastructure assets comprised of 2,890 towers in Oman, and the entry into a long-term master services agreement to continue to utilise the tower assets.
- Abu Dhabi Developmental Holding Company PJSC (ADQ) on its acquisition of a 22.2 per cent stake in Aramex PJSC, one of the leading multinational logistics, courier and package delivery companies in the region, and listed on the Dubai Financial Market.
- AlSeha Holding Company, a joint venture between Noor Investment (which is owned by Arcapita Group Holdings, the global alternative investments firm headquartered in Bahrain, Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company, the sovereign wealth fund of Bahrain, and Gulph Overseas Holding and Dubai Nexus (which is owned by Dubai Wing and Nur Capital) on the sale of their stake in NAS Neuron Health Services, a leading provider of outsourced medical claims processing services in the GCC, to a leading US-based Fortune 500 company.
- Cerberus and Olive Rock on their acquisition of a stake in UEMedical, the operator of 21 hospitals and healthcare facilities across the GCC.
- AgthiaGroup PJSC (Agthia), an entity listed on the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX) and a leading food and beverages company, on its acquisition of a majority stake in Nabil Foods, one of the leading regional producers of frozen and chilled processed protein products distributed in more than 20 local and international markets and is widely recognized as a high-quality processor to major brands such as McDonald’s and Subway.
- First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB) on its US$660 million acquisition of 100% of the share capital of Bank Audi sae, Bank Audi sal’s(Bank Audi) subsidiary in Egypt, in addition to the outstanding shareholders’ debt.
- Cleopatra Hospitals Group (CHG), an Egyptian private hospitals group, on its acquisition of all of Alameda Healthcare Group’s (Alameda) assets in Egypt and the operational merger of hospitals and medical units. Alameda is a UAE owned company which operates three hospitals in Egypt.
- Mr. Hussein Sajwani, an existing majority shareholder and the founder of DAMAC, on his US$599mn public tender offer, through his acquisition vehicle Maple Invest Co Limited, to acquire 100% of the share capital of DAMAC, followed by a squeeze out of minorities and a take-private of DAMAC. DAMAC is a property development company based in the UAE and listed on the Dubai Financial Market. DAMAC operates internationally providing residential, commercial and leisure properties and has presence in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Jordan, Lebanon, Oman, and the United Kingdom.
- *Work experience prior to joining Freshfields
Admitted to the Jordanian Bar Association
Bachelor of Laws, University of Jordan