About Oliver Aikens
Oliver is a finance lawyer specialising in securitisation and structured finance transactions.
He has 20 years of experience in the structured finance market as a lawyer, investment banker and fintech capital raiser. He works with investment banks, private equity funds, credit funds, fintech companies, specialist lenders and corporate borrowers on complex and innovative structured debt transactions and loan portfolio sales. He has deep knowledge of working with all types of receivables assets including residential mortgages, lease receivables, trade receivables, consumer loans, buy now pay later loans, SME loans, infrastructure and commercial real estate. Clients value his commercial approach to transactional work based on prior industry experience as an Executive Director in Morgan Stanley’s London securitisation team and as Chief Capital Officer at an international fintech lender.
- PayPal/KKR: advised PayPal Europe on its €40 billion forward flow sale to KKR of European “buy now pay later” loans made to customers in the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain, with €3 billion of related warehouse financing from investment banks and credit funds with Morgan Stanley as financial advisor.
- Barclays/Einride: advised Barclays Europe as lender on its $300m senior warehouse financing of customer contracts for Einride AB, an electric truck freight and logistics provider, financing its business operations in Sweden, Norway, the UK, the US, Germany, Netherlands and Belgium.
- M&G Investments/Tradeplus 24: advised M&G as mezzanine lender in respect of a warehouse financing for Tradeplus 24, an SME/trade receivables lender operating in the UK, the Netherlands, Australia and Switzerland together with a related balance sheet financing facility and warrants subscription.
- Blackstone/Kensington: advised Blackstone and Sixth Street on the sale of a £2bn UK buy to let mortgage portfolio to Barclays as part of the sale of the Kensington Mortgages business with Morgan Stanley as financial advisor.
- Selina Finance/Goldman Sachs: advised Selina Finance, a UK fintech specialist lender (HELOC/second charge mortgages) in relation to its warehouse financing facility from Goldman Sachs and mezzanine financing from a leading global credit fund.
- PremFina: advised PremFina, a UK fintech specialist lender (insurance premium credit) in relation to risk retention financing provided by a leading global investment bank in relation to junior warehouse financing notes.
- Prodigy Finance: advised Prodigy Finance, an international fintech lender (student loans) in relation to warehouse facilities from Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank, M&G Investments and HSBC and a number of balance sheet and bespoke asset financing facilities.