Hamzah advises local and international clients on their corporate and commercial activities.
He is experienced in various aspects of the law focusing on private and public M&A, joint ventures, corporate structuring and regulatory matters, and providing general corporate advice.
Hamzah has practised law in three different jurisdictions in the Middle East (Jordan, Qatar and UAE) and advised on transactions across the region.
Hamzah is fluent in both Arabic and English.back to tab navigation
- Advising Kuwait Finance House on its ongoing cross border acquisition by way of share swap of Ahli United Bank in Bahrain. The consolidation is set to create the largest banking entity in Kuwait with assets of $94bn.
- Advising First Gulf Bank on its merger with National Bank of Abu Dhabi creating First Abu Dhabi Bank, the largest bank in MENA region with US$175bn of assets and a combined market capitalization of approximately $29.1bn.
- Advising Al Hilal Bank in relation to a three-way merger with Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank and Union National Bank creating the third largest bank in the UAE, with total assets of $114bn.
- Advising Invest Bank in relation to a $1.1bn capital restructuring by way of strategic investment from the Government of Sharjah.
- Advising Barwa Bank in Qatar on its merger with International Bank of Qatar creating a leading Shariah-compliant financial institution with total assets of more than $22bn.
- Advising Shree Cement Limited on its acquisition of a 97 per cent stake, and the take-private, of the share capital of Union Cement Company, the first cement producer in the UAE.
- Advising sovereign-backed, Shariah-compliant financial investor Fajr Capital on its cross-border acquisition of a controlling interest in Dubai-based Cravia Group, one of the region’s fastest growing food and beverage companies.
- The City Law School, University of London, England (LLM in international commercial law, 2010)
- University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan (bachelor of laws, 2009)
- The University of Law, London, England (graduate diploma in law, 2012)
Admitted to the Jordanian Bar Association, 2013back to tab navigation
DubaiAl Fattan Currency Tower 2,
20th floor, Dubai International Financial Centre, Dubai
T +971 4 5099 100
F +971 4 5099 111