< Return to Graduate Homepage
Salary and benefits
As well as solving some of the world’s most complex legal issues, you will also be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.
There are many reasons graduates choose to join us, including our flexible eight-seat trainee associate programme, a competitive salary and benefits package, and the chance to work internationally.
We pay trainees a £50,000 salary in the first year, rising to £55,000 in the second year, as well as offering a range of lifestyle benefits and other perks. If you stay on as a newly qualified associate, you’ll earn £125,000.
As a trainee, you can also have:
- 26 days’ paid holiday per year;
- Optional four weeks’ paid leave after the trainee associate programme;
- £2,000 interest-free loan when you join;
- season-ticket loan (if appropriate)
- progressive family policies;
- emergency care for children and adults;
- numerous employee networks and clubs;
- private medical insurance;
- dental insurance (self-paid);
- on-site GP; and
- mental health and wellbeing focus.
We offer a range of lifestyle benefits, including:
- an office 60 seconds from Liverpool Street Station;
- agile working;
- insurance options;
- range of services and discounts;
- confidential support;
- bike racks, lockers and shower rooms;
- Cycle to Work scheme;
- subsidised on-site restaurant and wine bar;
- offset personal carbon emissions;
- a range of social and sporting activities; and
- regular social events.
Before you arrive at Freshfields
We'll pay all your tuition and examination fees for the Law Conversion Course (PGDL) if your degree discipline is non-law, and the City Consortium Solicitor Training Programme (CCP).
We’ll also give you a £10,000 maintenance grant to study the Law Conversion Course (PGDL), and £20,000 to study the CCP course (pro rata if you’ve already started the course when you accept our offer) to cover your living costs while you study.
We offer a discretionary grant up to £2,500 to support you while you’re doing a legal internship.
We also offer mentoring support and coaching to some of our future trainees who come from under-represented backgrounds, to help them to hit the ground running when they start their career with us.