Raj has been a partner at Freshfields for over 20 years and specialises in general commercial and financial services disputes resolution, international regulatory investigations, public and administrative, and sports issues.
He is a seasoned litigator having handled all types of contentious and regulatory issues in the insurance, banking, pharmaceuticals, air traffic, leisure, diamond, energy, transport, reconstruction and insolvency, sport and media sectors.
Raj is also Recorder of the Crown Court and as such has a particular interest in and experience of white-collar crime. He is also an arbitrator at the LCIA London and FIBA Munich, Solicitor Advocate in the Higher Courts and an accredited Mediator. He is ranked highly in all the leading directories.
'Raj Parker is very well regarded within the market for his expertise on large claims and regulatory matters. Peers describe him as "one of the best people to do a deal with".'
Chambers UK 2015
'Raj Parker offers corporate clients expertise in bribery, corruption and international regulatory matters. He is noted for his long-standing experience in the area and the high-quality instructions he receives.'
Chambers UK 2015
'Raj Parker is a high quality lawyer who impresses clients.'
Chambers Global 2014
Raj's experience includes:
- acting as arbitrator for the Basketball Arbitral Tribunal (FIBA approved) since 2006, on more than 100 arbitrations covering disputes between players, agents and clubs;
- extensively advising The London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games on anti-doping, gambling and dispute related matters;
- Lloyd's on its Reconstruction and Renewal programme, in disciplinary and other inquiries and on extensive litigation in the UK and the US including the Jaffray fraud litigation; and
- Marsh in light of the Spitzer civil complaint in the US.
Qualifications and education
- Recorder of the Crown Court
- Arbitrator at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) Lausanne, London
- Solicitor Advocate
- Accredited CEDR (Centre for Dispute Resolution) Mediator
- Arbitrator at The London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Arbitrator at the Basketball Arbitration Tribunal (BAT), an independent tribunal recognised by FIBA
- Arbitrator at the Court of Innovative Arbitration
English and French