Environment, planning and regulatory
When he joined Freshfields in 1998, Vicente already had considerable experience in handling domestic and cross-border commercial litigation and arbitration matters, acting for first class clients from different business sectors.
His dedication and knowledge in these areas have been frequently recognised by clients and colleagues alike, and his reputation in product liability matters is now firmly consolidated.
Vicente is currently responsible for the defence in Spain of a major international tobacco manufacturer as well as top tier energy, oil, pharmaceutical and chemical multinationals.
He is listed in Chambers (Band 2), Legal 500, PLC Which Lawyer? and Best Lawyers as an expert in dispute resolution.
‘Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer’s “client-centric’” practice [in Spain] is led by Vicente Sierra, who is “totally committed and devoted".'
Legal 500 2011
- Japan Tobacco International and its Spanish subsidiary JTI Iberia in a significant number of product liability cases filed by individuals, groups of claimants and public institutions.
- CSL Behring in a class action filed by more than 750 individuals seeking compensation for alleged damages.
- A well-known car rental group of companies and its Spanish division in public procurement procedures to obtain licences and permits to operate at Spanish airports.
Career to date
Before joining Freshfields in 1998, Vicente was a partner at the Madrid law firm Hervada and Klingenberg.
Qualifications and education
- Law degree from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
- Master’s degree in Corporate Law from the Department of Education of the Bank of Spain (Departamento de Formación del Banco de España).
- Member of the Madrid Bar and the New York State Bar Association and a member of the management board of the Club Español del Arbitraje.
Spanish, French and English