Tim represents clients in complex commercial litigation. He has played prominent roles in major cases involving international financial service and accounting firms in securities fraud cases, hedge fund-related litigation and commercial disputes, and before bankruptcy courts.
Professional services and private equity firms, manufacturers and media companies call upon Tim’s knowledge and experience in commercial arbitrations and civil litigation arising from claims of fraud, breach of contract, malpractice and veil piercing.
Tim is active in alumni affairs at Yale, and served on the Association of Yale Alumni’s Board of Governors and the Board of the Yale Alumni Service Corps. He has received the Association of Yale Alumni’s Leadership Award, as well as an Alumni Excellence Award.
Tim has recently represented:
Recent book chapters and articles written by Tim include:
- "Waiver of Attorney/Client Privilege," eDiscovery for Corporate Counsel;
- "The growing threat of cyber attacks in Africa," Bloomberg BNA's World Data Protection Report, May 2015;
- “‘Friending’ Witnesses and Researching Jurors – Ethical Parameters Governing Social Media Use,” Thomson Reuters, April 2013;
- “Kiobel v. Royal Dutch Petroleum: Whither the Alien Tort Statute?” Thomson Reuters, November 30, 2012;
- “Will Computers Soon Replace Your Lawyer?” Thomson Reuters, June 5, 2012;
- “Voom Court Adopts Zubulake Standard for Preserving Electronic Data,” New York Law Journal, March 7, 2012;
- “Chinese Companies Under Fire: The Recent Boom in US Securities Cases Against Chinese Public Companies,” Thomson Reuters News & Insights, February 23, 2012; and
- “What to Do When the US Wants YOU – Freshfields on the Myths and Realities of the US Justice System,” Legal Week, September 29, 2011.
Qualifications and education
Tim received his JD, cum laude, from the University of Michigan, where he was Contributing Editor to the Law Review, and his BA, cum laude, from Yale University. He is admitted to practice in the States of Connecticut and New York, and before the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of New York and the Central District of Illinois, and the United States Circuit Court for the Second and Tenth Circuits. Tim is a Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US).