Arielle has represented clients, in complex cross-border litigation and international arbitrations, across myriad industries including: oil and gas, mining, financial services, fiduciary services, insurance, healthcare, telecoms, shipping and manufacturing. She has experience with several arbitration rules including: ICC, ICSID, LCIA, UNCITRAL, SCC, and AAA.
In addition, she has advised international corporations in internal investigations involving allegations of bribery and corruption and on anti-corruption compliance and due diligence.
Before joining Freshfields, Arielle was a disputes resolution associate in the London and British Virgin Islands (BVI) offices of two U.S. law firms. She is admitted as a Solicitor-Advocate with Higher Rights of Audience in England and Wales and in the BVI.
Arielle’s experience includes advising:
Commercial & Investment Arbitration
- A consortium of oil and gas companies in connection with disputes regarding their interests in the Kurdistan region of Iraq.
- A Lithuanian oil and gas company in an LCIA insurance coverage arbitration.
- A Brazilian mining company in an ICC arbitration arising out of alleged economic duress.
- A US vaccines manufacturer in an ICC arbitration arising out of breach of distribution and marketing contract.
- A Brazilian minority shareholder in an UNCITRAL arbitration arising out of a statutory claim for unfair prejudice.
- A Ukrainian real estate company in BVI High Court (Commercial Division) litigation to enforce an LCIA award.
- The English majority shareholders on potential unfair prejudice claims following the company’s fundraising.
- A US pharmaceutical company in English High Court (Commercial Division) litigation arising out of breach of a manufacturing agreement.
White Collar / Anti-Corruption
- A UAE investment company in an internal investigation involving allegations of bribery and corruption relating to oil and gas operations in Southeast Asia.
- A French oil and gas company in an internal investigation involving allegations of bribery and corruption in Africa.
- Author, International Judgment Enforcement & Offshore Asset Recovery Client Newsletter, "A judgment by any other name: Enforcing a DIFC Court Judgment as an arbitral award?" (March 2015)
- Author, Gore-Browne on Companies (main work) - Chapter 4: Companies Not Formed Under the Companies Legislation
- Co-Author, Offshore Asset Recovery and Litigation, Developing a Global Agenda: Expert Insight from the Inaugural STEP Global Congress, pp212-229 (November 2014)
- Co-Author, Getting the Deal Through - Civil Asset Recovery 2014 (October 2014)
- Co-Author, The International Comparative Legal Guide to International Arbitration (July 2014)
- Author, Law 360, "Why London Courts are So Popular with Foreign Parties" (February 2014)
Qualifications and education
- Higher Rights of Audience (HRA), BPP, London, England
- Bachelor of Laws (L.L.B) (with Commendation and Distinction), University of Law, London, England
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A. Hons), Wellesley College (with coursework at MIT and Harvard), Boston, Massachusetts
- Junior Year Abroad (First Class), Oxford University, Oxford, England
English (native) and French (working knowledge)