Our consumer products group has over 100 partners with sector know-how in key jurisdictions, offering clients an integrated network backed up by the resources of an international business law firm.
We have a proven record of advising multinational companies in this sector on a range of legal issues, including industry consolidation, brand management, product liability and recall, and competition and regulation.
We recognise that to look after the end consumer, you need to focus on:
- developing and sourcing great product
- building and sustaining the right brand image
- communicating and promoting that brand effectively
- managing the flow of goods through the business
- using the right distribution channels or having the optimum store network
- keeping ahead of competitors and on the right side of regulators.
Our experience includes:
- food safety and food safety standards
- general product safety, liability and trading law issues
- regulatory compliance solutions and competition
- managing the impact of poor regulation
- health and safety
- protestor action
- comparative and misleading advertising (including dealing with the relevant broadcasting or advertising watchdogs)
- misleading price indications
- insurance (including public liability, D&O and product recall cover).