Breadth of legal experience
Our solid understanding of the market enables us to support Brazilian clients across a range of activities: investment abroad, finance and infrastructure projects, as well as complex international arbitration disputes. It also makes us ideally placed to help international companies investing in, or exiting, Brazil and to offer advice in high-profile arbitration disputes there.
A leading international law firm, we’re home to some of the world’s most respected practitioners of business law. Lawyers knowledgeable about Brazil are based in our offices around the world. They include Brazilian qualified lawyers and many other Portuguese speakers. We often host Brazilian lawyers on secondment, to develop their exposure to high profile cross-border work.
For our clients in Brazil
In Brazil we help:
- Brazilian companies looking outbound for strategic acquisitions, investments and joint ventures
- issuers and underwriters on capital markets transactions involving Brazilian issuers seeking to offer and sell securities internationally
- internal investigations and ensure compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the Bribery Act, as well as other laws having global reach
- international dispute resolutions, including mediation and arbitration
For our clients around the world
Clients seek us out for our winning combination of local knowledge and sophisticated, global experience. We help:
- global private equity firms looking to invest or acquire assets in Brazil
- global companies seeking to enter Brazil via joint venture, investment or acquisition
- non-Brazilian companies doing business, entering into a corporate transaction, or involved in a contentious dispute with a Brazilian counterparty anywhere in the world