“He is very experienced, very sharp. He has a great legal mind”
Gavin is the head of our Asia-Pacific energy and natural resources practice and a managing partner of our Singapore office.
Over the last 20 years, Gavin has acted for multinational corporations, governments, international organisations, financial institutions, private equity investors and sovereign wealth funds across the Asia-Pacific. He is particularly sought after for his abilities in structuring and negotiating complex cross border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and project developments.
Gavin also provides public international law advice in connection with overlapping international boundary claims, sovereignty over territory and resources regulation.back to tab navigation
- Advising Qatar Holding, a subsidiary of the Qatar Investment Authority, on its participation in a consortium for the take-private valued at $6.74bn of Australia-listed Asciano.
- Advising a range of financial investors, including KKR, Blackstone, Warburg Pincus, Abraaj, GA and OTPP, on transactions in the energy, natural resources, TMT, infrastructure and real estate sectors.
- Advising six Japanese trading houses, five Japanese chemical companies and the Japan International Cooperation Agency in complex negotiations with the Indonesian government concerning the termination of a long-term joint venture for the development and operation of the Asahan hydroelectric power project and associated aluminium smelter in North Sumatra, including disposal of the Japanese parties' interests to the Indonesian government for $557m and the settlement of all claims.
- Advising Rosneft on its $13.8bn joint venture with Pertamina to build an oil refinery in Tuban in the Indonesian province of East Java.
- Advising Hess Corporation, a global independent energy company, on the sale of its interests in Indonesia and Thailand for approximately $2.3bn.
- Solicitor in England and Wales, and Australia
- Entitled to practise in Singapore as a registered foreign lawyer
Singapore10 Collyer Quay 42-01 Ocean Financial Centre
T +65 6908 0402
F +65 6636 7000 email@example.com
Energy Lawyer of the Year